November 7, 2010

Can you spot Spot?



Inspired by Adam's Superhero Softies, I have been looking at revamping some of the soft toys in our home and have a few ideas up my sleeve!

If you are South African, you will probably recognise these very cute little labrador puppies. A few years ago you could collect them when you purchased a certain brand of toilet paper. I have kept these little pups all this time...they were just too cute to part with!  Anyway, I recently realised that they look just like the character Spot. All they needed were, well a spot or two, and that little brown tail of course! So I took some brown felt and made the necessary additions. This little one that you see photographed was given as a gift with a Spot book to a little friend.


Little One has been a huge Spot fan since about 18 months of age. I think that these are terrific books for tots, particularly for language acquisition.

I was thinking, this makes  for a lovely Birthday or Christmas gift...adding a personalised soft toy to match a book.

Till next time...

5 comments:

Jane said...

Fantastic idea! Those little pups are oh-so-cute, and adding them with a book is just perfect.

Jaime Leigh said...

Really cute!!

Love and Lollipops said...

Thank you for the kind comments!

Unknown said...

What a great gift idea. My kids love the spot books.

Partycraft Secrets said...

You've won me over _ i'm a fan now - I have 2 daughters, one big, one little, and 2 spot the dogs; one big, one little... and they go everywhere with us - so anyone who pays homage to Spot the Dog (especially in such a cute and crafty way) is my friend for life!

If you have time to join my blog, I'd love you to help me get to 40 followers (LOL!)

www.partycraftsecrets.blogspot.com

Looking forward to having a good look round your site! Merry Christmas! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...