September 27, 2012

Squeezy Art {A repost}

I have never done a repost of an old post on Love and Lollipops before, but after 2 and a half years of blogging, I know that there are some oldies, but goodies, in my archives. So for those of you who happen to remember this post - firstly, thank you for still reading (!) -  and secondly, I hope you won't mind the repeat. With a short spring break coming up here in South Africa, this struck me as a super way to spend a rainy afternoon - spring may be here, but it's still raining  :).

This art activity has been one of Big One's favourites for a long time.

To do this activity, you need some squeezy bottles filled with different paint colours. I found these bottles at my local plastic shop and filled them with acrylic paint, using a vaccine syringe. It is a bit time-consuming, but well worth the effort.
 

Once done, all that is required is some squeezing , folding and fun! First squeeze and then squeeze some more. Use as many colours as you please. Fold your page in half and then carefully open your page to reveal a colour surprise!  My son enjoys this process so much, that getting him to stop is usually the only problem.


We are always left with a great number of these interesting paint surprises, so I decided to use them to make some greeting cards. To create these, I cut them into small squares and arranged them onto pre-cut coloured cardstock. I really like the end result.


Have fun :)

PS. Shared at the Weekly Kid's Co-op.

8 comments:

An adoring Love and Lollipops Fan! said...

Excellent idea!!! Awesomely fun!!! Beautiful cards!! Thank you so much for the repost reminder... the great thing about blogging is that we have an archive of ideas just waiting to be revisited. I hope you will share more of your favorite archives with us again soon!!!! :):) xoxoxoxo PS I can't believe you have been blogging for over two years now. I remember when you very first started. I'm so thankful for YOUR wonderful home on the web!

Unknown said...

We have some small paint squeeze bottles for our spin art set... now I'll have to use them to try our some squeeze art! My kids will love it. Those cards are wonderful!

Lucie said...

I wish I was that creative and could do cards like that. So nice, great job

Love and Lollipops said...

Thank you so much for these lovely words. They inspire me to get even more creative with my kiddos.

Unknown said...

Those turned out really great. I love kid's art especially when it is beautiful like these cards. Good idea. Stopping by from the Kid's Co-op. I am a new follower. Hope to see you at True Aim!

Love and Lollipops said...

Thank you Janine :)

Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

I love how this makes kids' artwork look like it belongs in a museum...I'm thinking Christmas gifts for the grandparents :)

We'd love for you to link up to our Finished Friday Linky.

Love and Lollipops said...

Thank you - I'll definitely pop by the Finished Friday Linky :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...